The Ducote Family

Friday, November 1, 2013

Ten for Texas

On October 12th I competed in the Ten for Texas race, a ten mile race here in The Woodlands.  
Rich, my trainer, put together a trainign plan for me and I had a lot of fun training for the race.  It was the first one that I had trained for in a long time so it was fun to be following a plan and just to be working towards something.
Plus, a few of my good friends were also running the race so training with them every now and then was great and it was fun to be at the race together.
Emily, Tanna, me and Jessica before the race
 At the start line

After the race!
 Rich, Joseph and Ella did a great job cheering!  They were at mile 2 and then again a little after mile 8. Daddy stayed up late the night before making the sign which I had no idea about so that made me smile when I saw them!  

I didn't have a great race-actually it was really rough.  It was really humid and I started out too fast and by mile 7 I was HURTING!  Rich and the kids ran about a mile with me on the trails when I saw them at mile 8 and that definitely helped me finish somewhat strong but I was definitely glad it was over.
Not the best picture of us but just love them so much and was so thankful that they were there to cheer me on.
Even though I wasn't happy with my time or the way that I ran the race (I was really hoping for 7:45 minute miles) I still did pretty well.  Came in 5th in my age group with an 8:17 minute mile.
And I have to add this because it reminds me now and hopefully it will remind our kids one day when they read this that if you work hard and practice that you will improve.  This is from a 10K that I did in September.  I ran it in 45:46 which is 3 minutes faster than what I ran a 10K race just 5 months before.  
Although the race itself wasn't the best, the training journey was great and I am thankful for my health and for the ability to get out there and run!

No comments:

Post a Comment