The Ducote Family

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

"I'm so confused!"

This is how the conversations in our house sound these days-
Mommy:  "Joseph, it's time for dinner."
Joseph:  "I'm not Joseph, I'm Josh."
Mommy:  "Ok, Josh, it's time for dinner."
Joseph:  "I'm not Josh, I'm James (or Claire or Mr. Otis or the Texans or Boomer or Santa or whomever he decides for at that moment.)"
Mommy:  "Ok, James, it's time for dinner."
Joseph:  "Be so confused."
Mommy:  "I'm so confused-I thought you were Joseph but then you were Josh and then you were James."
Joseph:  "I'm Josh."
Seriously, we have this conversation almost every time either Rich or I call him Joseph.  This has been going on for over 2 weeks now and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight!  Last week for a day he was Santa.  He will bounce from name to name throughout the days but Josh is definitely his favorite and his go-to persona.  Who is Josh you ask?  Well, Josh is the character from the movie, Air Bud, which he has only seen half of on the airplane to California last month.  He found the movie case about 3 weeks ago though and asked me what his name was and that started it all!   And the other names are friends of ours and he normally becomes them after seeing them, well except for Boomer-he is a dog!!  And Mr. Otis is our neighbor!  
He is quite the character!!
And here are a few other Joseph mementos to remember at this moment in time:
-On November 1st when we took Ella to get her second dose of the flu shot Joseph was with us and as soon as the nurse stuck the needle in and Ella started to whimper Joseph immediately broke into signing "Take me out to the ballgame", which he sings to her when she is sad.  It was such a sweet moment and brought tears to my eyes!!
Ella is always close by to him!
-He has been using a lot of baby talk lately including a lot of "poo poo."  We try to ignore it and know that it is just a stage but it definitely drives me a bit crazy!
-Before dinner while saying the trinity after grace he has said a few times, "The Father, Son, Holy SYRUP, Amen."


-He is definitely into Christmas this year!  We have been listening to Christmas music in the car per his request since the beginning of November, whenever we go to the park we have to walk by the homes that have their Christmas lights up already (a little too early for me!), and he talks about Santa frequently and one morning even set up the laundry basket as his sleigh and the horse as his reindeer and was playing Santa!
-He still wears one of his football jerseys, with his helmet, on most days.
Can't believe he will be 3 in less than a month!  



No comments:

Post a Comment