The Ducote Family

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Big Brother

Joseph was fortunate enough to spend the night with our good friends, the Kneller family, while baby Ella was being born.  Joseph had a great time with Olivia, Mrs. Eve and Mr. Erik.  The two kids get along so well!
On Saturday, Eve and my other good friend, Jamie, brought him down to meet his baby sister and to visit with us.  He was so cute and so excited.  Jamie, Eve and Joseph brought us flowers and a stuffed animal for Ella and he walked right in with the puppy and said, "For Baby Ella".  And Ella brought Joseph a gift, too.  She brought him the book, "Homer", which was one of Joseph's favorites from the library this past year.  He was so excited and I am pretty sure he has it memorized already!
He kept saying "Carry baby ella, no daddy" and was so excited to hold her all by himself without Daddy's help!
Eve and Ella
I can't find my picture of Jamie and Ella-hope it is still on my camera!

Joseph and Rich headed home Saturday afternoon.  They came back to visit on Sunday for half the day and then were on their own for that night, too.  I even sent them to the grocery store with a huge list to get things for Christmas and for when my mom, Lindsay and Paul came and they did great!  Got everything on the list and a few extra things, too!  Rich said it took him over 2 hours to do it all but they did great!
He was in heaven!  I normally don't put him in the car cart since they are so heavy so he loves when Daddy goes!
His love of fashion continues!  Football shirt, striped pajama  pants and big boy underwear over.  Love him!
While they were shopping and getting things done at home, Ella and I were bonding at the hospital.  The first night (Saturday) was a little rough since my milk had not come in and she was not getting enough to eat but by Sunday morning she was as happy as could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment