The Ducote Family

Thursday, March 27, 2014

16 weeks later

Well, 16 weeks into this pregnancy and I am finally getting around to blogging about it!  Sorry little baby-I promise that I'll do better once you are here (I was awful with taking pregnancy pictures with Ella, too, but I think I've been doing a pretty good job of making sure that her baby book/blog book is just as fat as Joseph's :)  We are so excited to welcome baby #3 into our family sometime early September of this year (due date is September 4th.)  

I found out that I was pregnant on Christmas Eve but decided to keep it quiet from Rich for a day and for Christmas I wrapped up a picture of the pregnancy test and wrapped it up for him to open!  He was quite surprised but excited!  Such a special Christmas present and can't believe that by next Christmas we will be a family of 5!  

The pregnancy has gone very well so far.  I have been feeling great, still working out 5-6 times a week, but just really tired for the first 12-13 weeks and many days would fall asleep when both kids were napping.  Joseph has pretty much officially given up naps but thankfully he waited until I was about 15 weeks along which really helped.One night right before I turned 9 weeks Joseph asked me, "Mommy, why is your belly getting big?"  I had my first official ob-gyn appointment the next day so wanted to wait until then to say anything to him so I just told him that I had just eaten dinner and it was full.  He bought it but then the very night night he just casually walked by me and patted my belly and said, "Big belly!"  I swear, I wasn't even that big yet!  I told him then that my belly was getting big because I had a baby inside it.  He got really excited and asked "a baby brother or a baby sister?"  I told him, "We don't know yet, only God knows right no if it is a baby brother and sister" and he replied, "I want a brother, I already have a sister.  I am going to ask God for a brother"  Since then he will continue to tell me that he hopes it is a baby brother because he already has a sister.  All of the Chinese calendars say boy so maybe he'll get lucky!  He really gets it though and has kissed my belly a few times and will say, "Ella there's a baby in Mommy's tum-tum-tummy!"  

We are going to keep the gender a surprise this time around.  Rich has been wanting to wait since we were pregnant with Joseph but I was able to convince him to find out for both Joseph and Ella but now that we have one of each I figured I can hold off and wait!  I found a doctor in The Woodlands who has performed vbacs recently so switched to her and really like her so far and am looking forward to delivering ten minutes away, instead of an hour away at the county hospital!  
So, here we are on March 20th at 16 weeks!
And one with big brother, too!  
 Can't believe that we are almost half way there now!  So exciting!  



No comments:

Post a Comment