The Ducote Family

Sunday, March 16, 2014

I Win!

Joseph's fourth week of soccer was definitely the best yet!  He continues to be super excited about practices and the games and it really has just been awesome watching him, along with the rest of the team, improve and really start to work together each week.
Practice this week was a bit challenging since the coach was out of town but two of the dads stepped up and did a great job.  The kids did well listening and following directions and were exhausted by the end of practice so it was a good one!
The field was pretty muddy so I wanted to keep Ella in the stroller for the duration of the practice and thankfully one of the older siblings of Joseph's teammate kept her occupied and entertained.
Joseph had an awesome game this week (March 8, 2013)!  (I mean, of course, all of his games are awesome but for some reason this week it just seemed like it all came together for him and he was owning it!)  He scored 2 goals but even more important than that he was aggressive and followed through with his kicks and chased the ball.  I know, this may sound kind of ridiculous since he is only 3 but it is just so neat to see and to watch him grow on the field.
He is in the gray shorts in the picture below chasing the ball getting ready to score.  This was his second goal! His first goal I didn't have my camera out but the goal still brings tears to my eyes...he had the ball at about centerfield and did "little kicks", as the coach calls them, all the way down to the goal and scored.  As soon as he scored he turned around to face the field and put his arms above his head and yells, "I WIN!"  I couldn't stop laughing but then he came sprinting towards me and seriously jumped into my arms and gave me the biggest hug.  It was the sweetest thing ever and he was just so excited and proud of himself.  After his second goal he ran over to me again and gave me a huge hug again and the tears started coming that time, too!  Rich didn't make that game due to a charity bike ride that he already had planned (what a game to miss) and when I told him the story after the tears came back again.  Joseph, we are so proud of you and we love watching you play and look forward to many more years of watching you learn, grow and develop as an athlete and person on and off the field.
And while all of this emotional soccer playing was happening, Ella was just chilling in the chair on the sidelines eating her snack!
and hanging with her besties
A few more pictures from the game.

This was the first week that the team looked like a team as they were shaking hands.  Normally half of the kids are off of the field by this point looking for snacks or taking a break but this week almost all of them stood in line and high-fived the other team.
Go Dallas!
They all look so old to me in this picture!
Such a fun game and a great way to start our weekend!
Since the game was at 8:30 that morning we were home by 10:00 so we went for a walk and then played at the park before Daddy was home from his bike ride.  Just a few pictures of the park...
I just love this outfit on Ella and the lopsided pigtails totally make it!
Joseph normally goes on the big swings these days but every once in awhile he asks to swing with Ella so if there aren't any other babies there he gets in.  Way too big for them but fun having them in them together, and both contained!  
Gosh, I love this girl!
We had a birthday party in the afternoon at My Gym for our sweet friend, Claire, so this was a busy Saturday but such a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment