The Ducote Family

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Ella Jane-3 months!

How can it be March already?  And how can Ella be 3 months already? 
Here are her 3 month pictures-March 22, 2013
Seriously, it has gone by so fast!!  Well, our sweet little girl is 3 months and definitely no longer a newborn.  Can almost 15 pounders be considered newborns-no way!  That's right-she had a doctor's appointment on March 21st the day before her 3 month birthday and weighed in at 14 pounds, 8 ozs. 
A few photos of our chunky monkey from March 19th, 2013.
 
We took Ella in to the doctor because she is continuing to have mucus in her poop and she had a bit of blood in it this week (I know too much information but I want it recorded for the blog book!)  The dr did some blood work and stool sample and all came out normal so she is still pretty convinced it is an allergy or at least sensitivity to something.  She strongly recommended that I eliminate dairy (which I have been doing since January), wheat, soy, and nuts for a month to see if it gets better and then start to re-introduce things one at a time.    So, I am basically a vegan now but it seems to be helping...still some mucus at times but overall it is much better and she seems happier when pooping, too!  Again, too much information, I know!  I should hear back next week about the allergy results so we'll see.  My gut (and based on the food journal that I have been keeping) tells me that she definitely has an issue with nuts but we'll see.
 Our favorite things to call her are Ella Bean and sweet girl.
A few pictures from March 16, 2013
She is still up pretty much every 3 hours during the night.  She was giving us 4 hour stretches but is back to 3 hour stretches this week but that is better than the 2 hour stretches she did last week-growth spurt hopefully!  During the day she is pretty much a 40 minute napper in between being awake and her next feeding.  I am trying to implement Baby Wise (which I did with Joseph and it worked really well) but am finding it a big more challenging since we are on the go a lot more with her big brother.  She still fights to go down for a nap when we are home and at night but has gotten much better and no longer cries for as long...I think her tummy is feeling better as well so that helps with her fussiness.  We still have to hold her to get her to sleep but know this doesn't last forever so are trying to enjoy it and soak it all in while we can (not always how I feel but I try to keep reminding myself of this!)  She doesn't nap well once the car stops moving so if we are out and about she is normally up as soon as we get to our destination...she definitely loves to see what is going on and honestly many times she will nap for 10 minutes in the car and then be as happy as can be-especially if someone is smiling and talking to her.  She is such a flirt and loves the attention!  Her hands are in her mouth constantly and the drool is flowing.  She is starting to enjoy tummy time more and is kicking her legs up when she is on her back and close to rolling over but not quite yet.  
I was just looking back at Joseph's 3 month blog entry which you can view here and he was in size 3 diapers already so I guess Ella is a bit smaller than he was at this age.  The both love the bath at this age and we hope that she continues to have a love for the water like her older brother.
Bath pictures from March 15, 2013.
Happy 3 month birthday little girl.  We love you!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment