The Ducote Family

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Happy New Year!

It is really hard to believe that 2014 has come to a close.  It has been an amazing year and we are so thankful for a year filled with family, friends, good health and lots of love.  
On Tuesday the 30th I ran into two of my friends at boot camp and we decided to have a last minute get together for New Year's Eve.  It was really low key but it was a nice way to ring in the new year.  We enjoyed dinner together, the kids had a blast playing and Rich popped open a bottle of champagne at 8:45 p.m. to ring in the new year and everyone was gone by 9:15!  Crazy, I tell you!  Rich and I made it up to 11:00 to watch the ball drop in NYC and then we headed to bed, too.  Julia was awake again right after midnight to make sure that we celebrated on Texas time, too!  Thankfully everyone slept in on the 1st and we enjoyed a relaxing first day of 2015.  We are looking forward to what 2015 has in store for our family and are so grateful for all of our blessings this year and for the year to come.  
Ella was ready to party and was such a big help getting everything ready for the party.  She opted to go a bit dressier than just the new year's beads as she requested to wear my necklace from Aunt Lindsay's wedding (it is her favorite right now!)
 Ringing in the new year with these sweet kids and some sparkling cider.  Surprisingly Ella's cider didn't spill on her head (I was certain that she was going to dump it all over herself!) She loved it and asked for more while Joseph wasn't a fan.
I'm so sad that I didn't get a picture of Julia (I swear I thought I did but can't seem to find it anywhere) but she was definitely there and enjoyed her first New Year's Eve!
Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment