The Ducote Family

Sunday, August 24, 2014

On his/her way!

I've been saying since the beginning of summer that once we returned from our trip to New York it would really feel like the baby is on his/her way and that it would be time to get some things ready (since we really had not done anything prior to our trip!)  Well, now that August is here we have been getting some things ready for this little one to make his or her appearance.  We don't have a nursery set up (come on now, this is our third ;) but we at least we think we have our plan for where he or she will be.  We have four bedrooms and an enclosed playroom but now that Rich works from home he is using  the 4th bedroom for his office but the plan (as of now) is to move his office to the playroom, move the playroom downstairs to the dining room (which is used about 5 times a year) and then give the baby the 4th room.  Before we do all this we are trying to sell furniture (and buy new things) so we are thankful that the baby will be in our room for awhile while we get all of this situated.  
37 1/2 weeks-August 17th
Photo courtesy of Joseph!
 
We have bought a car though so at least we have enough room to get him/her to and from places!  We were going back and forth between the minivan or a suburban and after renting the suburban in New York we decided that we'd go with the minivan.  We are definitely liking the space, the practicality with young kids and have both decided to embrace it for this period of our lives :)  
I have had weekly appointments since July 31st and baby looks great.  At 36 weeks (on August 6th) I had an ultrasound that showed that baby was measuring 7 lbs, 3 ozs already and that it was breech.  I was definitely anxious hearing this but my doctor told me that she performs versions (where she would turn the baby) so this helped but I was on a mission to try to get baby turn naturally before we went this route.  Between weeks 36 and 37 I was in all sorts of fun stretching poses, put ice packs at the top of my stomach, went swimming and was ready to make an appointment for acupuncture but thankfully at my week 37 appointment I found out that baby had flipped on its own!!  Yay!  As of August 22nd at week 38 the head was still down and the Dr seems pretty confident that it will stay that way.  
We are at the pool at least 3 times a week and it definitely helps to beat the heat this summer while preggo!
Chilling in the pool on August 21st
Joseph is still convinced that the baby is a boy since "I already have a sister", Ella just says "baby",  Daddy thinks girl (on most days) and I just can't commit.  I guess if I had to choose I feel boy but definitely won't be totally shocked if it is a girl.  Both the nurse and doctor refer to the baby more often as a girl but they both have said that they do that just to make things easy but who knows...soon enough!  The heartbeats have been on the lower side (136, 141) the past two weeks but at week 36 it was 165 so kind of all over the place.  
Gosh, pregnancy pictures at this point really aren't flattering at all but here I am with Joseph, Ella and baby #3 all right around 37 weeks.  I think I am carrying more like I did with Joseph but you never know!
 I am feeling really well and really my only complaint is that some nights I have trouble breathing/sleeping.  I am sleeping upstairs on the playroom couch propped up most nights because that is where I am most comfortable but normally end up moving into the guest room/office bed or back to our bedroom at some point-crazy but figure I have to try to get in a good night's sleep now while I can. I am continuing to work out 6 days a week (either walking or modifying at boot camp.)  I am still teaching boot camp once a week and although I am definitely more tired on the days that I teach/go to class I am loving it and hoping that I am inspiring other moms to stay active during their pregnancies.  There is plenty of research that shows how great this is for both mom and baby!  
Ella helping me teach class on July 31st-she loves doing the moves with me! 
There is a Nordstrom opening up in our mall and we have teamed up with them to promote their Zella workout gear.  They gave away free capris back in July and then we had an exclusive trunk show on August 18th to promote the line so here are all of the instructors and I in our capris getting ready to teach the class of over 80 moms that morning!  So fun!
 My friend, Sarah, took a picture of me in my belly shirt and capris before class started.  
August 18th-almost 38 weeks
On August 20th I taught and one of the moms took a picture of me while instructing and posted it on Facebook.  She wrote some really sweet comments and I am so appreciative to be surrounded by such great friends and other moms.  I don't feel like I am doing anything above and beyond but if I am helping someone commit to a healthier lifestyle or encouraging someone to stay active then that is good enough for me!  More importantly though, I love knowing that my kids have active parents as role models for them to lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
My doctor is on call over Labor Day weekend so she is hoping that baby comes then.  Since I am hoping for another vbac, hospital policy is that she is the one that delivers the baby so it would make it much easier if she is there already.  I was 1 1/2 cm dilated on August 22nd and will have my membranes stripped at my 39 week appointment on August 28th in hopes to get things moving for the weekend...we'll see!  My mom arrives on my due date (September 4th) but thankfully we have amazing friends who are on call just in case if baby arrives before then.  So exciting (and a little anxious!) but can't believe that he or she will he here so soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment