The Ducote Family

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Glimpse of Fall

We have had a few days with a glimpse of fall.  Nothing to get too excited about-it isn't like we are breaking out the long sleeves yet but it has stayed below 90 at least.  Yes, that is right I did say 90.  Again, this was only a glimpse-lasting 2 maybe 3 days but we enjoyed it!  Yesterday afternoon my car read 96...but the craziest thing is that it almost doesn't seem that hot to me anymore.  I actually contemplated (just for a second) about running in it...then I came to my senses but the thought did cross my mind.  Joseph is so funny about the heat-he will often say, "Mommy it's hot" or "Don't worry, I'm hydrated."  Aunt Laura, that's for you-we have taught him well about staying hydrated!  
Here are just a few pictures from the last few weeks out and about enjoying the "cooler" weather!
Swinging with Daddy!
September 13, 2013
 Love this girl!  That crazy smile and that crazy hair!!
 September 18, 2013
Doesn't she look so big here?!?
Still haven't packed away our bathing suits!  
September 13, 2013
On September 14th we went to Art in the Park with Monica and Elsie.  Rich, Ella and Jason stayed at home because it was so hot (and because the guys wanted to watch the UT game!) but Monica and I took the older kids to check out the festival-it was fun but hot!!  Joseph and Elsie did some limbo-ing, bounced in the bounce house, painted a balloon and ate some shaved ice so I'd call it a great day!
Now that it is officially fall as of September 22nd, I am sure that the real fall weather will be here soon enough, but if not, that's ok because we definitely prefer the heat over the cold!  Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment