The Ducote Family

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Charlotte is 5!

I know I say this with every birthday but how in the world can Charlotte be 5!?!?  She has brought so much joy and laughter to our home over the past 5 years and we are so thankful for her.  Her energy and passion are contagious and she is just so full of life.  She goes nonstop all day long and we just adore her! Charlotte Grace, you truly are one of a kind!  She had school on her birthday which she was excited about since they'd get to celebrate her there, too!  So far she is loving school (although still not loving ESS) and told me before school started that "When I'm done with my letters I get to go the big kids'  school."  Char, you are officially there and have had a great transition so far.  She also told me recently that when she grows up she wants to be "a mermaid, a mom and a teacher.  In that order."  Some of her other favorite sayins are "I love you so much, even more than that" and will continue to "outlove" you no matter what you say.  She will also come down at night and give me a kiss and then say to both Rich and I "Share that one."  She loves calling things, "hilarion" instead of "hilarious" and is the first to give me "kissies on the lippies" and then wipe it off but tell me she's wiping off "only the wetness."  And last week while walking to school she asked me, "Would you rather be a unicorn or a dolphin?  Would you rather have a pencil stuck in your eye for 24 hours or be eaten by snakes?"  See...full of life and also never sure what you're going to get from her!  She definitely keeps things interesting!  In the past year she has grown up so much and we love her even more every year.  
Her big present for her 5th birthday was to turn her bedroom into a mermaid room.  We changed her from the toddler bed to the big girl bed and she got a new comforter and pillows and artwork.  It looks great and so grown up!  
Came home with a birthday crown!

Her birthday fell on a Friday so it worked out well since we had two of her closest friends (Spencer and Kyla-both from preschool) come over to swim.  THey had a blast and Julia and Ella painted their faces, too, which was so much fun!  
Then we went out to dinner to Urge, per her request, and Nani came and surprised her there.  Then Poppa stopped by back at our hosue to surprise her when we had a cake.  I love her excitement when she sees both of them! 
She requested a vanilla cake with chocolate frosting!  
Happy Birthday Charlotte Grace!  We are so thankful that you are ours!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment