The Ducote Family

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Summer Days

This summer has been awesome!!  I seriously have loved every moement of it-from the days jam packed with activities to the lazy days at home-every single day  has just been incredible and what we all needed.   (Disclaimer-sure there have been times that haven't been *so incredible* but they pass quickly and I can honestly say a the end of every day I was so thankful for the amazing day that we had no matter what we did.) We have fit in so much this summer and it has gone by so fast.  I know once we're back in the routine of school it will all be fine but I am definitely dreading it a little bit, although the idea of homeschooling does NOT appeal to me at all and I suppose the kids need to get back into the swing of things with their education so it is all for the best!  Ha.  

Here are some random photos of the last few weeks of summer.  
Charlotte is becoming such an independent swimmer.  She pretty much fights me every time I make her put the puddle jumper on and when I am in the pool with her it is always off.  I definitely think that by next summer she will be swimming!  She loves it!  
We had a dessert get together at the Laugesens one night filled with shave ice and water balloons!
We celebrated my 39th birthday!!  We had the house inspection in the morning and I had a PTA meeting at night so it definitely felt like a "grown up" birthday but the Rich and the kids made it an extra special kind of day with picking up dinner at Green Spot, an ice cream cake and special gifts!  I am so thankful to celebrate with them and for the start of another amazing year!!! 
 
A fun morning at the club with "just us"!  This picture made me laugh because I am sure that Joseph feels this way a lot surrounded by all of these girls-he is so great with his sisters and truly is their friend but I know how much he cherishes his time with his boy friends and with his boy cousins.  He is one lucky kid to be surrounded by all these girls though!
We went into the gym to play for a little bit which is always a good idea!
Sweet baby William Tirado was born at the very end of July and the girls and I finally snuck away to meet him at the beginning of August.  We are so happy for the Tirado family and can't wait to watch baby William grow!
Back at the Laugesens for another fun summer night!  This time for dinner, water balloons and laser tag!
We were at Nani and Poppa's for dinner one day and Nani surprised the kids with back to school bags!  She's the best and always thinks of everything!
She had little gifts in each of the bags with notes attached, such as bandaids with a note saying, "To remind you to heal hurt feelings"  and a pack of gum with, "To remind you to stick with it and you can accomplish anything" and pencils with, "To remind you to list your blessings every day". Seriously, she is the best!
Neighborhood lemonade stand in the cul de sac! Love these families!
Spa time with Daddy! 
A stop by Baskin Robbins for one of the last days of summer ice creams.
I took Ella and Julia to get their hair cut before school and they loved it!
So sweet!
One of my favorite pictures from all of summer!!!  
So.much.pool.time.
Met up with the Ozecks at Fanuel Bay one day to swim and play

Boy sleepover with Cole while the big girls stayed with Syd.  
Met up with the Laugesens at the club the next day for a bit.
A summer bucket list item was to make ice cream!! Daddy supervised and it came out great!!  They made chocolate chip and it was delish!

Everyone enjoying the ice cream!!

Back to school haircut fro Joseph, too, along with slime wrapped around his nose.  Always something!!
She's ready!
I tried to avoid errands as much as possible this summer with all 4 as I would normally go at night once Rich is home but every once in awhile would have to drag them along.  Thankfully overall they are really great and don't give me too much trouble-Costco is almost *easy* with them since they love the samples and with the aisles being so wide I don't feel like I'm running into people constantly.
This day we actually met alp with Julia Reppas to have pizza at Costco before going in which was a treat!
The girls (Ella and Julia) are going to try gymnastics this year and they received their first leotards in the mail and Julia wanted to try them on immediately so Charlotte had to get in on the action and try Ella's!
Final summer treat at Golden Spoon two nights before school started (didn't want to take them the night before since we wanted them in bed early!). 
And our very last summer hurrah!!  We brought Isabella to the club and met up with the Laugesens and Langlois boys and had a great last day of swimming and picnicking and playing.  We are definitely going to miss our summer days!!!
So thankful for such an amazing summer with our family!!


No comments:

Post a Comment