The Ducote Family

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Julia's 1st Day of School!

It is finally Julia's turn for preschool!!  She has been waiting patiently ever since Joseph and Ella went back to school and has been so excited.  It's hard to believe that she is really starting preschool!  Technically she's starting a little later than most kids do since she is almost 4 but I've loved holding onto her and having her home these past 4 years anon wouldn't change a thing.  She'll be in the 3 year old class since her birthday falls between September 1 and December 1 so she'll qualify for transitional kindergarten (TK) next year or could go into the 4 year old class, if we decide not to do TK for her.  I had a PTA event at the elementary school that morning so Nani came over to stay with the girls before her meet the teacher and when I got home she was dressed and ready to go!  She chose her "party" dress to wear and was so proud of it that I just had to let her go with it and Nani did two French braids in her hair which she loved.  She practically skipped all the way to school!  
Once there she was excited and loved checking everything out.  It definitely helps that she'll have the same teachers that Ella had and that we love each and every one of them.  
After we had to swing by Starbucks for a pumpkin bread treat (her favorite!) to celebrate this special day!  She has a few more days until she officially starts but she is ready and excited!  
When we got home she was busy drawing so I had to snap a few pictures of her artwork.  Julia's picture of herself and Kitty.  I just love that she loves Kitty so much.  Neither Joseph nor Ella really had a stuffed animal that they really loved so it's sweet to experience.  The good news is that Julia isn't so obsessed with her that if she is missing that she totally freaks out but she definitely loves having Kitty around and Kitty has been a source of comfort for her in new situations and she loves cuddling with her at night.
Here is one  of our family...maybe I need to tone down the mascara a bit-ha ha!
And the sun and flowers!  She is a drawing machine lately.
September 5th was the official first day of school!!  She was SO excited!  As we were getting ready that morning she was looking at herself in the mirror and I said to her, "Julia I am so excited for you."  She looked back at me and said, "I am excited for myself."  Awe!!!!  Sweet, sweet girl!!!
She wanted to bring kitty along so I let her do that, and, of course she wanted to wear the cat ears.  Those have pretty much been a permanent fixture on her head since she received them.
Julia's smile brightens up every room and totally brightens my day every.single.day and I can't wait to hear about her spreading the joy and love that she has to give to her preschool friends and teachers.  She truly is such a JOY!!!
She walked right into her classroom like she owned it and didn't even look back.  I had tears in my eyes because I was so proud of her confidence, and, also because I truly am going to miss having her around.  She's been my little buddy for the past 4 years and I've loved every minute with her, but am so proud of her and can't wait to hear about all of her fun this year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment