The Ducote Family

Monday, April 28, 2014

Halfway there!

I turned 20 weeks with baby #3 on April 17th-can't believe we are halfway there already!!  I am feeling really good (other than the normal aches and pains of pregnancy) and things look great!  We had our big ultrasound on the 17th and baby looks healthy and we stayed strong and didn't find out the gender! Actually, I stayed strong!  At the last minute (the day before) Rich found out that he had to go to Dallas for the day for a meeting that he couldn't get out of so I went to the appointment by myself-to be honest I wasn't even a little tempted to find out (which I am sure my siblings don't believe at all because I am the one who always peeks at presents and is not very good about keeping surprises!) but at this point I am pretty excited to deliver this baby and then have the excitement of whether it is a boy or a girl-that sounds like so much fun to me!  But, I can only say that because we have one of each already ;)  
I also went to a genetic counselor since I'll be 35 at the time of delivery (by less than a month) and although it was interesting it was pretty much a waste of time (and money!) Baby was SUPER active during the ultrasound and definitely made the tech work for the pictures but she got fabulous pictures!!  
The ultrasound tech was great and she gave us a ton of fabulous pictures!  Rich thinks the baby looks like a boy and although I also think boy, I am pretty sure these pictures don't lean one way or the other! I think all babies pretty much look the same at this point in utero :)  
I didn't get a picture of my belly on my 20th week since Rich was gone that day but will definitely remember to do so this week...so for now, here are the pictures of "tres" as we are affectionately calling him/her.  
I will be honest and as I was looking at the cd was secretly hoping that maybe there would be a glimpse of the gender :)  Ha ha!  
 Both Rich and I said that we think this one looks like Joseph and Ella...same nose!
So peaceful here!

No comments:

Post a Comment