The Ducote Family

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Poppa's visit

My dad, Poppa, had to go to Dallas for a few days for work so he extended his trip and came down to see us after his time in Dallas.  He arrived late Thursday night after the kids were asleep and stayed through Sunday night so it was great having him here for the long weekend!  
Both kids were so excited to see him in the morning!  As I mentioned in the previous post it was a special treat to have him here for Valentine's Day...made the day a little bit more special!  
On Friday he actually helped me with my car-my trunk has been broken for quite some time but with Rich traveling during the week and our weekends being pretty busy we haven't found the time to drop it off at the dealership so thankfully my dad was able to help me out and we took my car in early that morning and left it there for the day so they could fix it.  We just took it easy that day since we weren't sure when the car was going to be ready so spent a lot of time in the backyard playing and just hanging out.
Lots of football, baseball, soccer and wrestling all weekend long!
 Joseph asked Poppa if he could jump to him...I don't think that Poppa realized that when he said "yes" that it would mean continuously for at least 20 times!  
 Love this one!
 On Saturday, Joseph had his first soccer game!  I'll do another post on soccer but here is a picture that my dad took before the game.  I had a brunch for a good friend's baby shower so I am thankful that my dad was there to go with Rich to the game since I couldn't be there.  They said the game was hilarious and frustrating to watch as a parent but that Joseph at least stayed on the field for the entire game where many of the kids were off playing in the woods :)
And here is a picture of the girls and I at the brunch!  Fun morning!
 Once we all got back, had lunch and took naps, Rich headed out for a long bike ride so my dad and I took the kids on a walk and to the park.  Here are Joseph and Poppa racing at the end of the walk.
 On Sunday we hung around in the morning and relaxed.  
 Rich had another long bike ride and we decided to skip church so my dad and I took the kids on another long walk and went to check out another park in our development.  
 Best buddies!
 Ella trying to catch up
 Looking for turtles and fish
 After we got home from the park and Rich got home from his bike ride we headed to Waterway Square to go to lunch at Bake Street Pub and Grill.  My dad's business is "Baker Street" so we had to lunch there while he was here, and of course get a picture of him in front of the sign!  We sat on the patio and had a nice lunch-the kids were great and the food was really good, too.
 We roamed around Waterway Square for a little bit after lunch checking out the fountains and the waterway-lots of people out enjoying the beautiful Sunday.  
Headed back home for a quick nap for the kids and then a little bit more time to play before Poppa headed out.
 I just love how Ella is rolling around in the is picture-she wanted to get in on the action!
 Thanks so much for making the visit work Poppa!  We had such a great time with you and can't wait to see you again!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment