The Ducote Family

Monday, February 24, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day 2014!

This year Valentine's Day fell on a Friday but Joseph had a Valentine's day party in his preschool on Thursday.  We (or I) decided to make Valentine's cards for his classmates and I think they turned out pretty cute!  He helped me glue the balls on them, put the stickers on them and he decorated the ones for family members so it wasn't all me :)  
 I was AMAZED at the amount of treats junk that came home with him from school!!  We only sent cards...didn't get the memo that Valentine's Day cards include treats with every card these days, too! As my mom said the holiday is basically like Halloween now.  Crazy!  He received the Valentine below which I thought was pretty cute (Joseph wasn't too excited since he hasn't seen the movie and has never had a twinkie) so it made it pretty easy to throw away.  I'm becoming more and more like my mom these days...all natural, non-gmo, organic...twinkies don't really fit into those categories!  Sorry Joseph, maybe when you get into elementary school one of your buddies will trade you a twinkie for your all -natural fruit leather like I used to have to do!
 Daddy was traveling on Valentine's Day and didn't get home until late that night but we received a beautiful dozen roses delivered to the house that day which was an extra special touch especially since he was gone.  
And another special gift was that my dad arrived late the night before so between him, Joseph and Ella, I had plenty of Valentines!  We ordered pizza from Grimaldis that night and I ate Joseph's chocolates from school the day before so it was a great day!
 While Joseph was napping Ella and I had a quick Valentine's Day photo shoot!  
Blowing Valentine's kisses
 "Muah!!"
 Holding the Valentine raccoon cub
 And more kisses!
Silly girl!
 Thankful to be surrounded by the ones that I love on Valentine's Day and Daddy made it home by midnight so am happy to be able to say that he made it in time, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment