The Ducote Family

Sunday, January 13, 2013

On our own

Rich headed back to work on January 2nd and my mom left on Wednesday, January 9th so my first official day by myself with both kiddos was on Thursday the 10th.  I'm not going to lie-I was a bit nervous, well, I guess probably more anxious, just to see how it was all going to roll out and how I was going to juggle everything especially after having so much help from my mom and my sister.  Thankfully it went surprisingly very well and each day since then has been better than the one before.  Of course there are some stressful moments and the days are definitely much busier but we are loving it.  
We decided to start the day off with a photo shoot!

Same day, same pose, same outfit but new bow!  So fun having a girl!  

Fun first day things to remember-Joseph did pee on the rug (he is almost potty trained-post to come on that soon) and when I put him down for a nap both of them were screaming at the top of their lungs.  Joseph was upset because I told him that he couldn't have one more book and Ella was hungry but he passed out quickly and she was fed as soon as we got downstairs so no issues there.  After nap our good friends, Miss Valerie and Will, came over to play and brought dinner, both of which were great.  Joseph loved seeing Will and they played so nicely together and I loved seeing Val and catching up wtih her since it was before the holidays since we had seen one another.  They also got some Ella snuggle time so I think they left happy, too.
Rich actually had to work late that first day so I really was on my own for the entire day.  Joseph was entertained by Beyonce put to a slideshow of pictures from Nani's visit for a bit while I cleaned up from dinner
and then it was off to a bath.  
First day was a success!!
To make sure that I was feeling good on my own we decided to test it out again that weekend...Rich had a work retreat in Baton Rouge from Friday to Sunday.  Not the best timing but we made it work and survived.  He left Friday morning but we found lots to keep us busy throughout the weekend.  
Nothing like starting off the weekend with big boy boxers on your head.
A little playtime in his room
 And some quiet time for Ella.  She is rocking the combover!  Poor little girl has a receding hair line right now along with a bald spot on the top but don't worry-the back is still long and gorgeous.  It is a beautiful mullet!  I love her!
 Tummy time!!  Joseph loves doing tummy time with Ella!
We had more great friends visit us as well.  Our good friends, Catalina and Thomas as well as Monica and Elsie, came over on separate afternoons to play (unfortunately I didn't get pictures) and then our dear friends, the Conley family, came for a few hours as well.  Their oldest, Claire, is obsessed with Ella (well any baby for that matter but she does seem particularly fond of Ella) and told her dad later that she and baby Ella were going to get their nails painted and just talks of her constantly.  Too sweet.  

 Attempt at a group picture
Better attempt at a group picture
Even amidst the chaos you can tell Carrie is in heaven!

Poppa (my dad) arrived on Sunday at noon for the day whcih was wonderful to see him and to also give me a little break (blog entry on that is next!)  By the time Rich arrived home Sunday night at 7:00 dinner was on the table (thanks to a friend!) and both kids were bathed (thanks to Poppa) and everyone was happy to have Daddy home.  We are so thankful for such great friends here because it would have been a lot harder without them these first few days on our own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment