The Ducote Family

Monday, September 10, 2012

First Day of "School"

Joseph started his first day of "school" on Thursday, September 6th, 2012.  He (or"we" I should say) is attending a parent-child class once a week for 2 hours.  Mothers Day out programs are popular here but I just wasn't ready to give him up for a day or two by himself when I am at home with him, but I did find a parent-child program through the Great Oak School which I really liked.  We checked it out over the summer and I think it will be very beneficial for him and hey, maybe I'll learn something, too!  The 2 hours consist of free play, circle time, craft time, baking and time outdoors.  The school is based on the Waldorf philosophy which is similar to Montessori education.  A bit out of my comfort zone being a public school educator but I really like the ideas and philosophies behind it (for a younger program at least) and am excited to learn more about the philosophy and to step out of my comfort zone for a bit.  They do allow younger siblings in carriers so if we like it then the second semester is an option but we'll decide on that later.  
His very first day of school picture!!  September 6, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment