The Ducote Family

Monday, September 17, 2012

Enjoying today

I am pretty sure that I am not the only one who has experienced this but every time I think of having another baby I start to become emotional because of Joseph.  I just love my time with him and he really has been my little buddy for the past 21 months and although I am sure it will be just fine when his sister arrives, the thought of him having to share me in about 3 months definitely causes me to become a little sad.  For the next three months I am really just going to enjoy each day with him and relish the charms of the present.  On top of those thoughts going through my head recently, along with every time looking at Joseph thinking about how grown up he is looking and acting, this past week I saw this which I just loved and definitely brought on the tears!
Then I also read this article which really just made it so clear about how fast children grow and how precious each and every moment is with them.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/devon-corneal/parenting-lasts_b_1874086.html
If you don't want to read the entire article it talks about experiencing the "lasts" with your children.  The last snuggle, the last time you play fire trucks on the floor, the last time he asks you to marry him and so on.  My friend stated it very nicely on her blog, "The 'Lasts' will come they will be replaced with new 'Firsts,' new wonderful things that mark each stage my son goes through."I couldn't agree more.
So with all of that being said here are some of my favorite pictures from the past week of our little boy who is growing up way too fast.  
On his way to swim lessons with Daddy on Saturday 09.16.2012
 Fun with fingerpaint-09.16.2012
 
 We bought Joseph two packages of underwear just to get him excited about wearing them (still aren't pushing the potty training but just exposing him to it) and he loves wearing them over his diaper!  No interest in taking the diaper off and wearing them but yesterday he did wear two pair of underwear over the diaper (and this was to church!!)  
 
This past weekend we had two birthday parties to attend to on Saturday-the first one had a fire truck stop by which all of the kids loved!  The second party had a bounce house and just about every type of car that you could imagine to drive-Joseph was in heaven!  Needless to say after a day of parties, cake and fun he slept really well Saturday night!
 Love my little buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment