The Ducote Family

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Memories from July

This summer has been so great to us and we are just loving every minute!  The kids are at such awesome ages this year where they truly enjoy being together and are independent enough where they can help when going on adventures and are just so much fun!  I'm trying to keep a good balance of downtime at home and being out and about and love both options.  We've done a lot and have just made the sweetest memories.
Our mornings are pretty chill-some days we'll go to the gym or if we are getting together with friends or family it is never too early where we feel rushed (especially since they're all still up by 7:00 at the latest!) so we get some time to just hang out.  I love that they have this time with each other and it makes my heart so happy watching them play together.  Don't get me wrong, it can be chaotic, too, but it is what makes our family "us".  
Lots of sleepovers this summer (whether we wanted to have a sleepover or not!)
And some random pictures that I have no idea what they were doing but they made me laugh!!  
We are a hot mess whenever we go anywhere!!!  I am sure some day I'll miss all of this and think that we are so boring walking into an establishment calmly but right now all I can do is laugh and shake my head when I turn around and see these things!  And this is just so normal!!!
 Lots of beach time during the month of July.  We met up with the Ozecks and the Alticks in Coronado the Saturday after the 4th and had a great beach day!  
 Joseph with Audrey Altick.
 Joseph is enjoying the summer basketball league-it has been a great first year experience.  It is nice that the practices are just 45 minutes before the games, which are on Monday evenings, so the commitment doesn't seem like it is too much.  A perfect summer sport!  
 On July 3rd we went to the Padres game with Rich's company.  They rented out the restaurant/huge patio space on the third base line and it was awesome!  The kids had all of the typical baseball foods and the area was awesome for them to roam and watch the game.  Charlotte even made it on the Jumbo Tron!!  All night the older kids were trying to get on it and then Rich took the three of them to get ice cream so Charlotte and I were hanging at the seats and the cameraman was all over her (literally in her face!!) and she was all over it!  Since I was holding her I couldn't take a picture of the screen to prove it to Rich and the kids but a family friend was at the game and texted Rich telling him that he saw us!  Hilarious!  It was a fun night! 
 We met up with the RBCPC preschool crew to kick off the month at the Westwood Club and it was a great day hanging out and catching up with all of them!  I love that we can go for months without seeing one another and then we all pick up right where we left off!  
 The girls spent the night in Coronado and I had the boys and they took these great pictures!  We are spending as much time with the Ozsecks before they move to Virigina at the end of the summer.  We are so grateful for them and just love how the kids all get along SO well!! 
So much love for Smokey!
While the girls hung in Coronado we hung here and then made our way to Petco to get a new fish for Joseph, too!
 Many days at the club this summer with this crew!  
 Another day, another set of otter pops!  
 I had to include this picture because Charlotte has a really bad habit of biting her nails. She is constantly doing it, especially if she is tired or upset about something.  
 Hanging with Julia R one day at the club!
And with Isabella!
Random chick fil a lunch one day
 Bay Day with the cul de sac crew!  
 Another Bay Day!!!  Jen and I found out that our normal hangout spot, Leisure Lagoon, had been closed due to pollution so we decided to change up the location and head to Fanuel Beach Park.  Another great location and a great day together! 
 
Eating dinners and lunches outside a lot this month! 
 Hanging at the neighbor's house one afternoon.  Our kids just adore the Biddle kids and we are so grateful to have them as neighbors!  
 VBS at our church was the week of July 8-12 and it was such a special week this year!  Not only were the Ozeck able to join us again this year but this was my first year to volunteer.  I have to admit that I wasn't sure if I wanted to commit to it, but once I was there, I was so glad that I did.  It was a great experience (even if I didn't know that Bernadette was a saint ;) and am definitely looking forward to helping again in the future! 
 Yay for Frozen yogurt at Yogurt Lounge one night!! 
 We have never done the free slurpees at 7-11 on July 11th but the kids caught wind of it this year and I just couldn't say no.  I don't think that they were overly impressed so hopefully don't want to go back again next year (although something tells me that they still will want to go) but I am glad that I got to take them and experience it with them!  
 We celebrated Sydney's 8th birthday early in July when we went with her to get her ears pierced!!  We are so happy that we were able to be there with her for this special occasion!  
 
 Meanwhile, the boys hung at Nani's and practiced crazy hairstyles!
 Joseph went to a 3 day wrestling camp in July and enjoyed it! 
 I took the girls to get haircuts at the end of July.  Ella's hair was getting so long and although I loved the idea of her having really long hair, the reality of it was that it looked nice for about 5 minutes and then looked scraggly. I have not mastered any fun braids so it wasn't like I was even making it look nice when it was pulled back.  I was still torn as what to do so we let her make the decision.  She decided that she wanted to cut off 8 1/2 inches!!!  It looks so much healthier and she loves it!! 
Found all sorts of selfies on my phone of her after the haircut.  I sent this one to Rich saying doesn't she look like she's 15!!!!
 Julia and Charlotte also got trims...Charlotte's first ever haircut!!! They all did great and loved it!
 
 I keep saying that learning how to French braid really well is going to be a goal of mine but I still haven't mastered it...I need to make it happen!!  
Charlotte has been waiting to do gymnastics since the girls began last year! I started telling her that she had to be 3 to do gymnastics so she has patiently (or kind of patiently) waiting until she turns 3 so she could finally do gymnastics!!!  Well, at the end of July the staff told me that they would do her evaluation so she could start in August since they could tell she was ready.  She was SO excited!!  She did great during her evaluation and LOVED every minute of it! So much that she cried when it was done (she was thinking that she was going to get to do the whole class so was upset when it was only about 10 minutes!) but I promised her that we'd be back the following week so she could start and she is so excited!!
 The kids had a sleepover at Nani and Poppa's one night so Rich and I could go out to celebrate our 13 year anniversary!!  We went to Ruth's Chris and had a really nice night!  
 We also hung at Nani and Poppa's a few other times this month and always love our time there!  The guys thought this picture was hilarious with Poppa and the grandsons all with adult beverages watching some baseball!  
Lots of awesome pool time! Charlotte and Finn are improving so much with their swimming this summer so it is so great watching all of the cousins swim together!
Loving these summer days!!




No comments:

Post a Comment