The Ducote Family

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Moving on up!

How in the world is this school year over?!  I mean, seriously, how did this happen??  Ella is going to be a kindergartener next year...oh my!!!  We are so excited for her and so happy for her but it is also so bittersweet since she is growing up so fast before our eyes.  She has loved preschool at the Weswtowod Club for the past 2 years and it has truly been such a good fit for her.  She seemed so little when she started last year in the 3s class and the days when she cried being dropped off seem like forever ago since this year we rarely experienced anything like that and she has just matured so much.  Academically I actually feel like she is more prepared going into kindergarten than Joseph was and socially I think they're the same.  We do still worry about how her speech will affect her next year (more socially than anything and just pray that kids continue to be kind to her) but she is also making such huge progress with that, too.  She doesn't love going to speech and really doesn't love practicing it at home but gets it done and is proud of herself.  We are so proud of her, too.  
When I dropped her off that morning I had to take a picture of her on the swing since this is where I have said good bye to her for the past year every M/W/F.  She loves those swings and always had me give her three last pushes and then a kiss before I left so it was special to get her a picture on the swing on her last day.  Awe, sweet Ella. 
Her school put on a little graduation ceremony which she was so excited for.  Daddy was able to take the morning off to come see her and she was just glowing when she saw that he brought flowers for her.  (I didn't tell him to do this so my heart melted a little bit when I saw that he did this for her, too!)
Her sisters are so proud of her, too!!
Love you so much, Ella Bean!!!
Ella and her bff, Sophia.  These two have had such a great past two years together.
At the graduation ceremony they had programs with this sweet picture inside it.  I was feeling a little emotional about this entire day but seeing this really put me over the edge.
Ella, we can't wait to see what the future holds for you.  You are kind, hard working, imaginative and dedicated.  We look forward to watching you grow and see everything that you accomplish in the future.  We love you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment