The Ducote Family

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happy Mother's/St. Patrick's Day

I was greeted at the bottom of the stairs by an excited Joseph on the morning of Mother's Day. Joseph looked at me and then looked at Rich and I saw Rich nod and then Joseph gave me a big hug and said, "Happy St. Patricks Day Mommy!"  Ha!!  Daddy practiced with him all morning before I got up but when he saw me he just got so excited that all of the practice went out the window!  He recovered quickly and gave me another hug saying "Happy Mother's Day!"  Sweet boy!  And for the rest of the day I was wished Happy Mother's Day (and sometimes Happy St. Patrick's Day) over and over again! 

We had a great day-nothing too out of the ordinary but it was still just so nice!  We went on a 6 mile family run which was a nice treat because Daddy pushed the double and I just got to "cruise!"  This was on our cool down walk to the park-love this view!
After the run I was getting in the shower and Joseph asked to come in and I told him that I'd like to shower in peace for one day and he looked at me and said, "I'm sweaty, too, Momma".  I almost caved and let him in with such a cute response but thankfully Rich was able to persuade him into the kitchen to make a special breakfast.
Love the "flowers" that Joseph picked for me that morning.  No need for fancy bouquets when you have hand picked "flowers" from the yard!!
 After our delicious breakfast we headed to church for the noon mass.  We brought Joseph to the nursery but he was the only child there so we told the ladies to go home and enjoy their Mother's Day and that we would take him to mass.  We opted for the cry room just to be safe but he was really good-actually both kids were great!  I told him before we walked into the church that we were going in to pray to Jesus and to listen to stories about him and throughout the mass he kept asking, "Where is him?"  And he also kept saying, "What's next, what's next?"  He walked between us to receive communion and I had tears in my eyes when I turned around to see him with his hands crossed over his chest to receive the blessing from the priest-made me just so thankful to be blessed with two such wonderful kids. Although he was on his best behavior during mass we are so thankful that there is the nursery because at this age (and with his activity level) I think he gets more out of there right now-as do we.  Oh and by the end he was wanting to basically jump into the baptismal font so right there is reason enough to have him stay in the nursery for another year or so :)  
We did swing by the mall on the way home from church to grab a quick lunch and to pick up our laptop which was getting repaired.  Couldn't leave without a quick ride on the carousel. 


After naps we talked about going "hiking" in the nature preserve but both kids took such great naps that they weren't up until close to 5 so we just played in the backyard, helped Daddy mow the lawn and then we grilled out.  It was the perfect  relaxing ending to a wonderful Mother's Day!
Ella was about to pass out when we took these pictures so that is why she looks exhausted...
LOVE these two so much and I feel so blessed and am so thankful that I am a mom.  



No comments:

Post a Comment