The Ducote Family

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Run for Boston

A girlfriend shared with me that on Facebook a page had been set up called "Run for Boston" where they were encouraging people to  run on April 17th in memory of the tragedy that happened on Monday, April 15th at the Boston marathon.  As soon as I heard about this event I was all for it. Having completed two marathons, and growing up outside of Boston,  the bombings really seemed to affect me personally.  If you have ever run a race or even been at the finish line cheering a friend or loved one on you know that there is such an intense energy at the finish line and that the feeling of crossing a finish line is such an amazing feeling (especially from a marathon) and to tarnish that feeling for so many people, and to injure and kill people on top of that, is just robbing innocent people of so many things on so many levels.  It is heartbreaking and makes me sick so when I heard of this event I figured it was something that I could do here in Texas to show my support and to stand united with other Americans.

We got a group of us together Wednesday morning at Market Street and we went for a 3 mile run together all wearing our yellow and blue, the colors of the Boston marathon.
Ella and Joseph were wearing their blue to show their support, too.
 Our group with our kiddos behind us.
There were 5000+ pictures submitted to the FB page which is truly amazing.  

I am so glad that we got together to do this.  Our thoughts and prayers are with the city of Boston. 

No comments:

Post a Comment