The Ducote Family

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Not quite as planned

We were supposed to spend Thanksgiving in Georgia with the Ducote crew and we were all looking forward to it.  Joseph had been talking about "Aunt Katelyn's house" for weeks, Rich was planning on running in a half marathon with some of the fam, and I was hoping to get some Christmas shopping done with my mother in law and sisters in law.  Unfortunately, even the best plans sometimes don't always work out.  I ended up feeling pretty sick on Tuesday and by Wednesday when we were supposed to fly I felt absolutely awful.  I managed to get everything packed and to pick Rich up for the airport but he took one look at me and said that there was no way that we were going.  I think by that point I had tears in my eyes, couldn't swallow because it hurt so bad and hardly had a voice.  I ended up going to urgent care that night and tested postive for the flu...I don't remember being this sick ever to be honest! I spent all Thursday and Friday in bed-by Saturday I was feeling a little more normal and ventured out of bed at least but not very far.

So, although it was not the Thanksgiving that we had planned and I just felt awful about being the reason why we had to cancel our trip, I am so thankful that overall we have a healthy, wonderful family and this weekend made me especially thankful for such an amazing husband, who took such great care of me as well as Joseph while I was out of commission.  I am also thankful for such wonderful friends who brought us Thanksgiving dinner as well as soup (Rich didn't want to go to their home just in case either he or J had the bug, too, so they brought it to us).

Here are a few pictures as to how the boys spent the Thanksgiving holiday weekend:
Having a Thanksgiving picnic outside
 They drove to Daddy's work one day to check out the bulldozers!
And they spent Sunday hanging out at a friends' home watching football to give me one more day of rest:

No comments:

Post a Comment