The Ducote Family

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Grammy S

Joseph and I spent last week in New York. Unfortunately, my grandma passed away after 87 years of a full and love-filled life. I feel so fortunate to have had such a close relationship with my grandparents as a young girl and then going to Geneseo only 4 hours away from them I was able to spend time with them every few months which developed into a stronger relationship as an adult. My grandmother was ALWAYS so happy and hummed or sang her way through life. Her quick wit, compassion and sweet tooth will be missed. I will definitely miss my weekly phone calls to her but am thankful that she was able to meet Joseph twice and that we were all able to visit with her this summer. Her and Pop are together now and I know that she is just humming every day.
We miss you Gram!

No comments:

Post a Comment