The Ducote Family

Friday, February 10, 2012

Geneseo girls

When we were in New York Joseph and I were able to spend some quality time with some of my closest friends which was SO nice! We were able to visit with them all this summer as well but that visit felt really rushed so it was great to have some quality time with them all. Did we really graduate from Geneseo over 10 years ago? That just doesn't sound right.
Jen and her adorable 2 boys, Jackson and Dylan, watched Joseph during my grandma's service which was so thoughtful of them. Thanks again Jen! Then we got together for dinner one night and spent another whole day playing as well-it was so wonderful to get to know her boys better and I just had the best time with Jen. Texas and New York are just too far away from one another-wish that we lived closer!
Joseph and I also met up with another good friend, Allison, and her son Logan for a day. We played at Allison's house for an afternoon and even watched the snow come down. I had to drive back to my grandparents' home while it was snowing, and in the dark, which totally freaked me out (thankfully Joseph slept the entire car ride back) so I am thankful that I don't have to do that very often. Not the greatest pictures but we did have a great day together!

Then Joseph and I made the 2 hour trip to Syracuse to my dear friend, Erin's home, where we spent the night with her family and our good friends Chrissy and Diana also came to visit. It was so fun to see all the kiddos together and to see how much they had grown since the summer. On Saturday it was a balmy 45 degrees which is unheard of in January in Syracuse so we headed to the zoo. It was sunny so it was actually pretty nice and was great to get outside for a bit.
Joseph is not a fan of the beanie!
I love that I have stayed SO close with my girlfriends from Geneseo and although our visits are not as frequent as any of us would like, it is so comforting to know that when we do see one another we pick up right where we left off!

Since we went to West Point last summer, I am thinking a trip to Geneseo is due in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment