The Ducote Family

Friday, May 1, 2020

Tis the Season

In previous years we have always waited until the first full weekend after Thanksgiving, normally a week after the holiday, to decorate and get ready for Christmas, but this year Thanksgiving fell late with it being on November 28th, so I was feeling the crunch to get the tree up and to begin the Christmas fun right away.  We got the tree on Saturday November 30th and decorated it that night and I have to admit that I LOVED having it up for the entire month of December.  Maybe a part of me was feeling jipped still from last year when we had our leak in the kitchen so we didn't decorate until the 15th of December, but wherever the feeling came from, I could definitely see us starting to decorate that weekend after Thanksgiving from this point forward.  I think I can firmly say that Rich's tradition of decorating the tree on the Army Navy game is officially out the window-way too late for me now!  
Anyways, Rich and Joseph went to Costco to pick up our tree.  Since we've done Costco for the past two years and the trees are prewrapped so there is no picking out specific ones, I don't feel that we   all need to go-we'll just focus on us all setting it up and decorating it.  A part of me missed the experience of all of us going and picking it out but when you save about $75 at Costco it's worth it. 
Love decorating our tree and the house and all things Christmas! Today was the perfect start to the Christmas season.
First ornament on the tree!
Love these kiddos!


No comments:

Post a Comment