The Ducote Family

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Mother's Day

Every day I am so grateful to be the mom to these four amazing kiddos.  I know that I am loved, cherished and valued but it is nice to have one day out of the year where they make me really feel extra special!  They did just that this year and it was such a wonderful day!
Daddy and the kids made a delicious breakfast for me and spoiled me with handmade gifts and cards and a gift certificate for a massage.  We then headed to Torrey Pines to meet up with the Zicklers and the Ozeck which was a perfect start to the day! 

 Typical chaos when we are all together!
 When we got home I snuck away for a few hours and got a massage and went to the mall.  The massage felt wonderful and the mall was random but there were a few things that I had been wanting to return so figured I'd get them done.  While I was there Daddy took the kids out to lunch and then back home for a nap for Charlotte and to have the kids relax (aka electronic time) for a bit.  
When I got home we hung out at home for a bit watching them jump on the trampoline and then went to dinner.  I was hoping to go to Green Spot, but it was closed-had no idea!  We ended up at Cowboy Chicken which was fine and I was just happy that I didn't have to cook or worry about cleaning up!  WE came home and ate the ice cream pie from Joseph's First Communion which was perfect!
 
 My Mother's Day celebration actually started a few days earlier in the week as I was invited to Julia's school for her Mother's Day performance.  It was as cute as could be as she sang songs for me and then we had a potluck together.  It was super special and I'm so thankful that the school puts on such a nice event!
 Hanging with her after when Charlotte was napping
 Julia performing her songs "Be Polite", "Skidamarinkidink" and "I Love My Mommy"
I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being a mom to Joseph, Ella, Julia and Charlotte.  I couldn't imagine doing anything else with my life.  They truly make my life complete and give me a reason to be the best version of myself and hope that this world is a great place to live in.  I posted on social media today that ten years ago today, on Mother's Day, we spent in the ER discovering that I was having a miscarriage, the first of 3, and that although I wouldn't want to wish that upon anyone that my experience has truly made this role of being a mother so much sweeter for me.   There is honestly not one thing that I don't love about it.  I may worry that I am doing enough for them and what their future may look like but I try not to let that bother me and just know that I am doing my best and be so thankful for this incredible family that Rich and I have created together.  I am so thankful for these four kiddos and that I am their mom.  


No comments:

Post a Comment