The Ducote Family

Friday, May 24, 2019

Valentine's Day

Holidays are much more special with these 4 kids who get so excited about everything.  I love making a big deal about anything and everything related to holidays so, of course, Valentine's Day is an extra special day in our home.  This year we actually did some leading up to Valentine's Day as I put a heart on each of their doors with something that we loved about them beginning on February 1st.  This was a hit (in fact, as I write this in May, Julia, Ella and Charlotte's hearts are still on their doors and Julia asked me a few days ago not to take them down!). And, for the record, Joseph had his up well into May.  I even included Daddy in on the fun and he had hearts on his bathroom mirror.  So much love in the home- ha ha!  They looked forward to reading their new heart every morning and especially got a kick out of the funny ones, such as Charlotte's which read, "I love it when you say my butt" Oh, Charlotte!! 
Joseph had to decorate a Valentine's box and he made an awesome Fortnite themed box, which unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of.  And, Joseph, Ella and Julia all had to fill out Valentines for their classmates.  We picked them out a few weeks prior and one rainy afternoon when I was getting my haircut they signed them and put them all together.  It was nice that they were done early so we didn't have the last minute rush to get them done.
Julia had her party the day before since she didn't have school on the 14th.  She came home with lots of treats from her friends and had "the best day ever."  Here are her and Charlotte all dressed up in their heart apparel ready for her party.  

"Now a funny one!"
They were up bright and early (well, not bright since it is still dark outside!) but early to see the decorated table.  Daddy had flowers for all fo the girls and they each got a little treat from us (LOL dolls and a game for Joseph).  

Heart shaped braids and they were ready for a special day!  
 
I was fortunate enough to go into Ella's classroom for her Valentines' Day party and we had a great morning of graphing candy hearts, making heart necklaces, and heart crowns and other fun Valentine activities.  I'm so thankful to Nani for allowing me to volunteer every week in their classrooms and to have this time with them.  Since Joseph had his Valentine's exchange I didn't go into his classroom that afternoon but treated myself to a little love at the gym on the treadmill-gotta have some self love, too!!  And, then after my workout I found out that church school was cancelled due to the rain so we were able to have a nice, relaxing afternoon at home.
This is from Ella's Valentine's Day party that she came home with.  The last one is "teddy" 
 She is always, always, always creating/crafting.  We go through so much paper and tape in our home that it is ridiculous but she loves it.  She is totally into making books right now (aka a lot of paper stapled together and the front and back decorated).  She made this one for Joseph and gave it to him on Valentine's Day.  So sweet!

 Rich's class ended up being cancelled, too, which was a great surprise so he picked up Thai food for us and the kids made heart shaped pizzas.  It was a perfect Valentine's Day!  

Happy Valentine's Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment