The Ducote Family

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pre-Halloween Festivities

We kicked off the Halloween festivities on Friday night at Hocus Pocus Pops with Nonna and the festivities continued throughout the week prior to Halloween.  On Tuesday the kids wore their costumes to storytime at the library for Halloween stories and a costume parade after.  We then met up with our friends who go to the earlier storytime to play with them in the park outside of the library.  The rainbow tooth fairy, Jake, Izzy and Emmett had such a fun time running around in their costumes!
Julia wore her "My First Halloween" outfit to the library since her costume hadn't arrived yet.
 On Wednesday the run club had a Halloween run where the runners wore their costumes and we met at Towne Green to do the weekly run.  Joseph ran a mile and a half tonight and Ella ran 3/4 of a mile!!  She was hilarious. She was so insistent on running all by herself and didn't even want me to be too close to her.  I kept asking her if she wanted to stop but she just kept going!  She was so proud of herself and even got the marks on her arm every time she ran through the checkpoint which she was so excited about.  
Stretching before the run
 Hanging out with Jack after the run
 And, finally, I worked really hard to finish Ella's trick or treat bag before Halloween and am proud to say that I finished on Thursday the 30th so just in time!  My mom helped me with Joseph's bag two years ago and Ella's is not quite perfect but I am pretty proud of myself that I did it all by myself (although I did tell my mom that next year she is going to have to come out in October so she can help me with Julia's and that we may need to redo Ella's then, too.)  Most importantly though, Ella totally loves her bag so it doesn't really matter if the corners aren't as boxy as they are supposed to be or if the seams don't match up perfectly...right?  Now we are officially ready to trick or treat!  
 Oh and a few more pictures of Julia getting ready for Halloween.  A friend gave this outfit to her that says "My First Halloween" on it so we had to wear it.  
October 30th
We are looking forward to a fun Halloween night!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment