The Ducote Family

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Mother's Day

 Mother's Day celebrations kicked off on Friday with a  Mother's Day tea in Joseph's classroom.  The kids sang three songs about how special their moms are to them and then we enjoyed tea and cookies with them and received all sorts of special gifts.  His teachers definitely went above and beyond to make the day special!  I left with a handmade heart necklace, an acrostic Mother poem all about my favorites, a treasure box decorated by Joseph for my jewelry or special things, a flower made out of his fingerprints and a great card.  It was fun to have the time with just him and he was so proud of all of the gifts that he made!
Here he is with some of his classmates getting ready for their first song.
 I mentioned to Rich that for Mother's Day I wanted to go to church, wanted to go for a long walk and didn't want to cook and all of that happened so I'd say the day was a success!  The flowers and cards from the kids made it extra special!
 So happy to call these sweet kids mine and so blessed to be their mother!!
 I know I've mentioned before but Ella is totally into taking pictures now with my phone so she grabbed it and soon enough I ended up with close to 100 photos on my phone so figured I'd include a few from the day!  Looks like she's mastered the filters!
 Silly faces time!!
 Julia's crazy face always makes me laugh!!
 Rich and the kids decided to grill that evening which was perfect-I got to relax outside while they ran around and Rich cooked!
Silly face!
 They were playing hide and seek and Julia jumped right up there to count next to Ella!
 I wish that Ella wasn't cut off in this picture because it would show that her arms were also crossed-Julia follows everything she does!!
It's exciting to think that on next Mother's Day we'll have one more in the mix here and by that point she'll probably be crawling around making all sorts of trouble, too-that's just crazy to think about!!  I just love being a mom and feel so blessed and thankful.  

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see these Mother's Day party photos. We took our mom to her favorite food venue Houston TX on this mother’s day. She enjoyed special cuisines a lot that we ordered for our mom. She loved our surprise completely!

    ReplyDelete