The Ducote Family

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

NYC!

One of my closest friends from college, Tressa, got married on July 10th in Long Island so Julia and I made the trip to New York to attend her wedding and visit with family and friends.  It was a fast but super fun and busy long weekend!  We left on Thursday, July 9th in the afternoon and arrived at Lindsay and Paul's late that night.  This was Julia's first flight and she did awesome!  She was super easy and fell asleep for over an hour.  The best part was that she slept the entire night once we got to Lindsay's in the pack and play-that was such a treat!  
 Julia was excited about her first plane ride!
 Playing peek-a-boo before the plane ride.
Checking things out.
 Ready to go!
 And, we're off!
 As Rich dropped us off at the airport, both Joseph and Ella were in tears, but Daddy took them to the new shaved ice place by our home so everyone was happy (for the time being at least).
On Friday morning Linz, Paul, Zoey, Julia and I went for a long walk around their neighborhood in Brooklyn.  They live in a super cute brownstone in a great part of Brooklyn (Cobble Hill.)  It was so fun to experience their NY lifestyle and to spend time with them!  
 Lindsay's birthday was on Thursday so we celebrated her birthday Friday morning with a delicious breakfast made by Paul!  Hanging out on their balcony before going on a walk.
On Friday early afternoon, my dear friend, Jen Bennice, from Geneseo, took the train to Lindsay and Paul's and we all drove to Long Island together.  Linz and Paul watched Julia while Jen and I were one another's dates for the wedding.  We had such a fun time catching up with friends from college and celebrating Tressa and Tommy.  Julia made Lindsay and Paul work a little bit (she wasn't too much into sushi at 7:30 on a Friday night) but they did great and were flexible and everyone was happy once they got the sushi to go and ate it on a park bench where Julia could sleep. 
The 6 Park Street girls-Sarah, me, Tress, Chrissy and Liz
On Saturday morning we hung out at the hotel for a little bit and visited with Tressa and then we were on the road.  We dropped Lindsay and Paul off at their home and then Jen, Julia and I made the drive upstate to the Albany area. After dropping Jen off, Julia and I headed to Uncle Bruce and Aunt Gloria's to visit with them along with Bruce David and Ryan (unfortunately I didn't get any pictures.)  Aunt Gloria was recently diagnosed with appendix cancer so it was an extra special visit and I am so glad that we were able to see her.  
For the most part Julia was a great little traveler.  She had a few moments in the car where she wasn't super happy but we made it through them and I am definitely thankful for the help from Lindsay, Paul and Jen.  
Meanwhile, back in Texas, things weren't going quite as well.  Rich said that basically once an hour Ella would end up in tears because something would trigger thoughts of me.  Things got a little better when he decided to let her have her paci whenever she wanted it but she still wasn't great.  Come to find out, she was actually fighting a virus as she ended up getting sick Saturday night (while they were out to dinner with friends!) and then all day Sunday was real lethargic and sick off and on.  Poor girl (and poor daddy!)  
 Sunday morning, Julia and I were up early and it was beautiful out so I decided to drive to Saratoga National Cemetery to visit Pop and Gram.  It was my first time being there since Gram's funeral and it was a gorgeous day so I am glad that we made the stop.
From there we headed to my friend, Allison's home, to meet her new baby, Brody and visit with her and her boys.  It was so nice to catch up with Al and to spend a little bit of time with her family before we made the drive back to New York City.
 As we were stuck in traffic over the Brooklyn Bridge, I started to get a little nervous that we weren't going to make our plane but thankfully it cleared up and we made it with time to spare.  I am pretty sure I tipped the rental car saleswoman $20.00 because I was so appreciative for her help with the carseat and holding the shuttle to the airport for me!  Hopefully she enjoyed a nice glass of wine on me!  Julia did great on the plane ride home.  I would show her my phone wallpaper picture of Joseph and Ella and she would kiss it which was so sweet!  She was so excited to see them and they were so excited to see us, too!  Ella definitely perked up when we got home Sunday night but she crashed hard that night again and ended up getting sick Monday morning, too, but by Monday evening she was feeling much better...guess she just needed her momma home :)  It was a fun little getaway but we were all definitely glad to be back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment