The Ducote Family

Monday, July 14, 2014

Finishing off June

June finished off quickly and I can't believe that the first month of summer is over.  
Joseph has been taking private swim lessons this summer through The Woodlands rec.  We signed him up for 8 private lessons going twice a week and have been very happy with them.  He can swim by himself but does get a little nervous every once in awhile which causes him to begin to sink to the bottom :)  Ella and I enjoy the time in the toddler pool while he is working with Coach Matt and we always make an afternoon of it staying to swim after the lesson is over.
I was looking for something in the freezer one day and I saw this big bowl in there.  I couldn't remember what I had put in the bowl to freeze and thought it was strange because I normally wouldn't have used this bowl...once I opened the lid it all made sense!  Funny kiddos!  
My girlfriends threw myself and the other Lisa a surprise baby sprinkle on Friday, June 20th.  I was totally surprised and overwhelmed by their generosity.  So thankful to be surrounded by such an amazing group of friends and moms.  
We celebrated Will and Elsie's 4th birthdays at My Gym on June 22nd which was a fabulous super-hero themed time!  
Ella getting in hte mix with all of the big kids!
We've been doing the library every week (sometimes twice a week) for their summer programs.  I've been pretty impressed with all of the presenters that they have had and Joseph has definitely enjoyed them.  Ella hangs for about half of the time and then starts rummaging through my bag for snacks.
We received a package in the mail that had styrofoam packing around it and the kids tore it into pieces. They were having so much fun with it and it kept them occupied for a good half hour, if not longer, that I just went with it.  I had to vacuum anyways :)  
Look at her stride and form-definitely a future runner. 
Ella loves to wear other people's clothing.  Here she is in Daddy's socks while helping fold laundry.  
June 24th
Early on June 25th we headed to our park and the kids discovered a mud puddle in the middle of the field.  Joseph was in first and Ella was quick to follow.  
"Ump, ump!"  
Thank goodness for stain remover!  
They were having so much fun!
Messy girl!
And messy pants!
The water table was a perfect next stop since we had to get all of that mud out of their clothes and off of their bodies.   Busy morning! I don't think that the water table was meant for this but they both love to sit in it.
On June 26th we had lunch at Chick-Fil-A with friends after the library and Ella insisted on having her shirt over her head.  I tried to put it back on but she wasn't having it so finally just went with it...so here she is eating ice cream with her fingers in the partial nude!
Some of the girls and I headed out that night for dinner at Tommy Bahamas.  
These babies are getting bigger!  Jamie in July, Lisa in August, me in September and Emily in October
On Saturday, June 28th, I taught boot camp that morning and Microsoft had face painting for their grand opening.  Cute puppy dog!  
On Sunday, June 29th I escpaped for a few hours to do some shopping and to get a pedicute and I came back to a quict house.  Joseph hasn't napped for me in months and Daddy is in charge for a few hours and everyone is racked out.  Always the case!  
After their naps we met up with friends at the pool for a Sunday afternoon swim.  Perfect way to end the month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment