The Ducote Family

Thursday, August 22, 2013

34!

My birthday celebration started a week prior to my actual birthday which definitely made turning a year older a bit more enjoyable.  I woke up every morning to a card and small gift hidden somewhere around the house.  Joseph loved opening the present for me and then would sing "Happy Birthday" to me throughout the day.  The best part was the day after my birthday he woke up and asked where the presents were...I had the same thought buddy :)
My cards from the week
On my actual birthday Joseph sang "Happy Birthday" throughout the day but other than that the day was pretty ordinary-we had our class at church for Ella's baptism that night and Rich got stuck in traffic so we didn't even have a chance to do cake before class...but, the day after my birthday (Friday) Rich came home early and surprised me with having our babysitter come over and we went out to dinner at Hubbell and Hudson, a restaurant on the waterway that we have been wanting to try.  It was such a nice night and a nice surprise.
The menu at dinner was definitely Hawaiian inspired which was great! Rich had opah and I had halibut and we started the night with sweet and spicy poke which was amazing!!!  
 
We celebrated wtih Joseph and Ella before going to dinner with presents and cake and then Rich and I enjoyed some more cake after dinner, too!
Thanks to my sweet little family for making the day (and week) so special and here's to a fabulous 34th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment