The Ducote Family

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Solids!!

We started Ella on rice cereal on June 2nd.  Her pediatrician told us that she recommends babies starting solids at 4 months but with Ella's sensitivities to food in the beginning she recommended waiting until 5 months.  I was thinking that I'd wait until closer to 6 months but every time we ate she was reaching for food and trying to put things in her mouth so decided to start her a little earlier.  
June 2nd-tried rice cereal
She was so excited to try real food!
 Here we go!
 "Mama, I got it!"
 "Yum!"
 Success!!
 Yay!!
 On June 6th she was introduced to sweet potatoes.  And, she loved those as well! 
 
I made Joseph's baby food and plan to do the same with Ella.  It is so easy and it is comforting knowing exactly what I am putting into her little body-I know I won't have that control for too long so I'll take it while I can!  Sweet potatoes ready to be frozen!
On June 10th we introduced bananas and a few days later apples.  She isn't a huge fan of either by themselves but loves them mixed with sweet potatoes and rice cereal.  Maybe she'll be a veggie eater!  
She is such a MESS when she eats though!  Honestly, it is ridiculous and she now eats without clothes on and she normally goes straight to the bath after eating-it is just easier to wash her down than to wipe her with a washcloth-hard to get in between all of her sweet chubby rolls!  She makes all sorts of noises and is constantly blowing raspberries once the food enters her mouth so it is not only all over her but usually all over me or Daddy and the walls, too!  She's a riot though and it is so fun watching her!
Love those rolls, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment