The Ducote Family

Monday, December 12, 2011

He's 1!!!

We can't believe that Joseph's birthday is here and that we have a 1 year old! I know I have said it before but what an amazing year it has been and we feel truly blessed and so thankful for our healthy little guy. We decided not to do a big party for him for a variety of reasons and are so happy with our decision. We had a wonderful day with just our little family.
We started off the day with celebrating with his friends at our church playgroup-the cupcakes were a big hit!
Waited for Dad to get home to open the gifts-thank you to everyone!

And then got to the cake! Since flying our friend, Kristen Wong, from Hawaii to Texas for his 1st birthday celebration was not in the budget for 1st birthdays (she is an amazing cake maker/decorator) I tried to get somewhat creative on his cake. I almost bought a tractor mold with all sorts of tools for decorating but Rich convinced me otherwise since this really was my first cake. I am so thankful he did because after putting the little blue stars/dots along the outside of this cake I was done :)



I made cupcakes as well (some in the shapes of stars-no pictures though) and kept debating if we should just give him a cupcake or let him go for the big cake. In typical delaMontaigne/Ducote fashion we decided to "Go Big or Go Home" so we gave him the entire cake. Don't worry-we didn't let him eat the entire thing but we figured watching him destroy that would be much more fun than just a cupcake. He loved it, especially the blue icing-so cute how he picks them all off! Warning-the video is a bit long.


We look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with him and watching him grow.
"I'm 1 today!"
"Heaven blew every trumpet
and played every horn
on the wonderful, marvelous
night you were born."
Happy 1st Birthday Joseph. We love you

No comments:

Post a Comment