The Ducote Family

Thursday, September 1, 2011

We did it!

I often send pictures of Joseph to Rich during the day and he normally responds with things like, "So cute!" or "Miss you guys." On Tuesday, August 30th (I want to remember the date!) I sent Rich these two pictures to show him what Joseph was up to for the afternoon...

and all he wrote back was, "We need to cut that hair!"

So, after a little persuading and a few tears (by me, not him)
He has a new do!

We did it!! Eeeeek!! I couldn't sleep that night because I kept thinking about what we did and how short it was but by Wednesday afternoon I was definitely glad we did it. It is a little too short for me to be in love with it but I know it will grow and after going back and looking at this post I knew that we did the right thing :) I have some of his hair saved in a baggie-not sure what I will do with it-I never thought that I would be the mom who saves hair but as of right now I am just not ready to throw it away yet, so it is sitting on my bathroom counter for now, until I decide for sure.
He had two compliments on it yesterday and someone even rubbed his head (not knowing that we just shaved it the night before!) Luckily it looks pretty natural (ya think?) since babies have all sorts of crazy hairdos. I can't wait to see how it grows back and just hoping that it comes in a little more even this time around!
If you thought Rich and Joseph looked alike before, I would say now they are basically identical!


No comments:

Post a Comment