The Ducote Family

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Moving Day!

After, literally months of going back and forth if this move was really going to happen, the day is finally here and it is definite!  We are moving and it all seems to be coming together.  The last few weeks leading up to the move the kids started being more expressive about not wanting to move so we were really trying to make it a positive experience for them so once we closed on November 1st I took them to get Golden Spoon and then took them over to the house (Rich was at class.). We ate ice cream in the backyard and let them run around the house without any furniture in it.  I am still struggling with mixed emotions of moving, too, so this was good for me, too.  I feel so thankful for the amazing neighbors/friends that we have created on Botero and I am sad for our kids that they are leaving this environment; however, I am confident that we will still continue with these relationships with our Botero neighbors and although it will be different, it will still be special. 
The sky was absolutely beautiful and it just seemed that the sunset was welcoming us into our new home.
The kids are excited about the backyard and the view for sure and we know that it will be a transition but are hopeful that for the long term this is truly for the best.  
Our actual moving day came early on November 6th.  I got the kids to school and then took Charlotte and Julia to Nani and Poppa's house for the day but snapped one final picture of Charlotte in front of the house that morning.  
Nani and Poppa were amazing and packed up the remaining items of our kitchen while we were in NY so we weren't faced pulling an all nighter the night before.  the movers were efficient and made the move easy.  The hardest part was that evening when I had to go back to the Botero house to get the keys from my dad, who was there cleaning up, and as I ran inside to get them the kids stayed in the car.  I came back to the car and Joseph and Ella were hysterically crying pointing to the neighbor's homes, saying that they didn't want to leave them.  Ugh.  It was heartbreaking.  I tried to not let my emotions get the best of me and just reinforced that we would still see them regularly and that the move was for the best and that new, amazing memories will be made in our new home.  But, man, it was hard.  I was so thankful for my dad being there for his words of wisdom and a hug.  Thankfully once we got to the new home they had settled down and everyone slept great.  It had been a full few days and a lot to take in so definitely a transition period but we are looking forward to getting settled and creating new memories.
Looking forward to what the future holds in our new home!  

No comments:

Post a Comment