The Ducote Family

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Ella's First Day!

Last February as we were moving into our home, I came across a newsletter from the Westwood Club  with information regarding their preschool.  I was getting ready to register Ella at RBCPC (the school where Joseph attended last year) the following week, but after reading about the preschool at the club, I decided to take a tour of it just to see.  I was very impressed with the tour-the school is really small with only two classes, but I liked how the classes were set up with 20 students in each class but with three certified teachers, and I REALLY liked that it is within walking distance from our house (I was just about 8 weeks pregnant at the time and figured that being able to walk to and from preschool would be so helpful once the baby arrived.)  And, now, that preschool has begun I can wholeheartedly say how much I LOVE it and am so glad that we decided to send her here instead of RBCPC.  I also love that it really has a community feel to it.  I see a lot of the same faces at Joseph's school and then at the preschool-in fact there are two other families that have siblings in Joseph's class as well who we have become friendly with!  Most importantly, Ella LOVES school, too!!
On September 1st she had an orientation that her and I were able to attend together.  I couldn't take her away from the doll center and she left even more excited for the first day than she arrived at the orientation with.
They ended the orientation with a book and a song and she jumped right in!
To say she was excited on her first day is a huge understatement!  She had this smile on her face the entire morning!!  The fact that Joseph was already in school made Ella even more excited to begin her school.  I was definitely anxious with her starting due to her speech concerns-I know that I can understand her completely but it definitely made me nervous sending her off to school  knowing that others have a hard time understanding her at times.  Thankfully, I talked with one of her teachers about it at the orientation and she told me that her son has also been in speech for the past two years so she is very familiar with articulation errors so that made me feel better. 
First day of preschool at the Westwood Club in the Teddy Bear class.  She attends M/W/F from 8:45 to 11:45 (except on Wednesdays when she'll stay for lunch bunch until 1:45).  
September 7, 2016
Julia wanted to get in on the pictures.  Jules misses Ella so much during the day and always insists on walking over with whomever is bringing Ella to school  and then talks about her all day while she is gone and loves picking her up!  
This is how Rich found her at pickup.  She had a GREAT first day and continues to love it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment