The Ducote Family

Friday, February 8, 2013

It will grow

Joseph was long overdue for a haircut so on Friday, February 8th, we headed to a local hair salon for kids.  We have been there numerous times before and have always had decent cuts-not fabulous but decent and for a boy I figure you really can't go wrong.  Well, this day they did!  The hair "stylist" asked me what I wanted and I told her just a basic boy cut-similar to what he has but just shorter.  I told her that normally in the front I try to swipe it to one side but most times it just ends up straight.  During the cut I was talking with Joseph and making sure Ella stayed asleep and the next thing I knew was that he was done and he looked as cute as could be-she had some gel in his hair and the front was swiped to the left side and all looked good.  It was a little shorter in the back then I would have preferred but no big deal...it will grow.
Well, later that night, once the gel wore out and his hair took its normal place of just falling straight across his forehead below is what I found!!  Everytime I look at this picture I just laugh!  First I can't believe that the stylist thought that this looked ok and second I can't believe that I didn't catch it before we left!  
We actually let him go a few days like this because when it was swiped over it really didn't look bad and I was nervous that it we would have to cut it super short to even it out.  
 Finally we couldn't take it any longer though and we decided to take the plunge and Rich cut it evenly across-it is short but looks so much better and it will grow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment