The Ducote Family

Thursday, May 12, 2011

They're Not Boy Scouts!

On Saturday, May 7th, we went to look at a few homes in the morning but came back in the early afternoon because Rich told me he had to be at work for a drilling of a well and had to leave around 1:00. He came back around 2:30 as I was putting Joseph down for a nap. Rich said that he would put him down and asked me to go to the front door because there were some Boy Scouts selling magazines and he gave them $20 bucks and wanted me to pick it out. I totally believed him when he said this-he has a soft spot for Boy Scouts and whenever they are selling anything he buys it from them. I opened the door to the apartment and didn't see anyone and my first thought was, "I can't believe those Boy Scouts-they took the 20 dollars and left!" I should have known better than that-a Boy Scout wouldn't do that! I then looked down the stairs to the 2nd floor and sure enough my mom, dad, and sister, Laura, were standing there. It didn't register at first-I saw my mom first and actually thought, "The mom is selling the Boy Scout magazines-where are the boys?" Ha! Then it registered and I think I screamed and then teared up. My sister, Laura, has a conference in New Orleans this week so she flew out a few days early and planned it with Rich and my dad to to surprise both my mom and I. My mom thought she was flying to Phoenix for the weekend to see my dad's mom and she found out in the airport in Phoenix that they were actually coming to Houston! They stayed through Tuesday and we had a great time. We celebrated my mom's birthday, Mother's Day, went downtown Houston, went to The Woodlands to check out the homes that we were deciding between and to check out the community there, spent some time at the pool and just had such a nice time together. Thanks to Laura, Rich and my dad for pulling off an awesome surprise and an even better long weekend!
RIP Linz and Bri :)



No comments:

Post a Comment