The Ducote Family

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pop's cradle

My mom's dad or Pop Pop, as he was better known as, was quite the talented handyman. He had a woodshop in my grandparent's basement and was always building something. He made my sisters and I an amazing dollhouse one year complete with furniture and another year he made the four of us a puppet theatre-both of which are at my parent's home waiting for the future grandkids to play with. He also made a cradle that the four of us delaMontaigne kids all slept in as babies. Rich knew about this cradle and had seen it just sitting in our garage in San Diego. He secretly planned with my parents to surprise me with it when we went to visit them back in August. My parents had it all wrapped up and then they made plans to ship it to Hawaii in time for Joseph's arrival and then we will pass it on to the rest of my siblings so they can use it with future grandbabies as well-hopefully we'll keep this in our family for a long time. I have to take a picture of the bottom of it because there is a note form Pop. Joseph loves the cradle and we know that Pop is looking down on us now and is so happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment