The Ducote Family

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Julia Ann-7 months

Month 7 was a big deal for Julia as it consisted of crawling, sleeping through the night and eating solids!  Three major milestones in the life of sweet Julia Ann!
Happy to be 7 months on April 8th!!  
On March 20th, after our final round of visitors for February and March left, we decided that it was time to move her up to her bedroom and get her in her crib. I slept upstairs on the air mattress in the hallway for about a week but by March 26th she was sleeping through the night! She didn't wake up too often (or at least a month later as I write this I don't recall her waking up that often) but when she would I just went in, rubbed her back, walked out and hope that she went back to sleep.  The first night I had to do it a handful of times but the second night was better and by the third it was just once.   On March 26th she fell asleep at 8:30 and didn't wake up until 7:30-I had to check in on her a few times for fear that she wasn't breathing! She now is sleeping from around 7:30-8:00 p.m. until 6:30-7:30a.m.  We are all loving it!!  The location of naps and duration are still hit or miss...she is still in the swing some days, in the carseat some days, in the ergo some days, and every once in awhile she is in the crib.  Most days she is still taking 3 naps and her middle one tends to be the longest but normally maxing out at about an hour and a half.  (As I write this, she is actually napping in her crib and has been there for over an hour so here's to hoping that her 8th month brings a better routine with the naps!)
I love how she goes from her belly or crawling to all of a sudden sitting.  For some reason I just think that is the cutest thing and it makes me smile every time I catch her doing this.  
She officially started crawling on April 2nd and goes back and forth between army crawling and on her hands and knees.  She was stuck scooting backwards for awhile but finally got the hang of it and there is no stopping her now. 
She went through a phase before she was really crawling where she would get on all fours and then put her legs out so she was in a plank and just kind of hover...just working on her fitness! 
March 20th
March 23rd
A little love from her naked sister!
Crawling amidst the Easter eggs on March 31st!
There is also no stopping her now on her appetite!  One starting her on solids again, after her 6 month appointment on March 23rd, she hasn't looked back and loves mealtime and getting messy!  I aim for feeding her solids twice a day (at breakfast and dinner) and depending on her naps and where we are for lunch some days we get all three meals in.  Typical of what people have said with having a third, I haven't waited the three days in between giving her new foods, but thankfully she hasn't had any issues.  So far she has eaten:  bananas, sweet potatoes, avocados, apples, green beans and carrots.  Her pediatrician also recommended to start giving her mashed up food from our plates (she still doesn't have any teeth so they are very mashed) so she has also tried broccoli, kidney beans, peaches  and black beans straight off of my plate.  She isn't a fan of apple sauce by itself but as long as it is mixed with another food she will tolerate it.  Other than that, she seems to like everything and it is really sweet because everytime we sit down for dinner and say grace she gets a big smile on her face.
Licking her lips ready to eat on March 10th.
Enjoying the green beans on March 29th!
 Ready to feed herself on April 6th.
Other fun things that she is doing this month are:  blowing raspberries, saying "mamamama" and "rarararara", continues to love to be tickled (getting her under the neck is the cutest ever!) and taking baths with Joseph and Ella in the big tub!  Such a big girl these days!  One of my most favorite things that she does though is at bedtime when we are reading books in Ella's room, Ella puts her paci in and Julia always crawls over and tries to get it from Ella's mouth and then laughs once she gets it!  It has become a game between the two of them and it just makes us smile every.single.time.  I don't have any pictures because I normally don't bring my phone with me but I'll have to try to remember to get it on video or a picture at least.
March 11th

Hanging with Daddy, instead of napping, while I was getting my haircut.
Sweet picture of her in the ergo getting ready to walk to the park.
 Looking a little mischeivous on March 10th
Her crazy hair!!  
Ready for the park on March 15th
Checking out her piggies!
April 1st
Putting her paci in her mouth by herself
April 2nd-she loves being in the playroom!
Getting ready for her first Easter on April 3rd.

Woah!!!  I'm so excited for Easter!
I know, the amount of pictures of her is ridiculous but I just can't control myself!  One last one to wish her a happy 7 month birthday!  Love you sweet girl!!



No comments:

Post a Comment